Monday, June 25, 2012

Goodbye State College

Assalamualaikum :)

Anticipating for my flight back to Malaysia, I had about one more month to spend some time with my friends before leaving the States for good. Apart from Midwest Games and 'travelling', I spent the last few days with really good friends (like Lynn :D):

- Spent some quality time with Kelly and her lovely friend Cindy! Talked a lot about religion and found out so many similarities between Christianity and Islam! :)

*Kelly, Me and Cindy! :)*

- I was also VERY VERY lucky to be able to visit John's house at the countryside (aka kampung :P) of Pennstate! John was my art lecturer a during my freshman/sophomore year :) And he had invited me to go to his home for a veryyyy longgg time but I didn't get the chance to :( So I went to actually meet him for the last time at one of his art classes before going back; this was on Thursday, and we then made an arrangement to visit his home on Saturday! Which is ONE day before going back!!! XD Alhamdulillah!!! :) so very very happy to finally be able to visit his home :) 

We first visited his working studio, where all his artworks are brilliantly placed! Also to be noted that the renovations done on his studio was all done by him with the help of friendly neighbors/friends! XD (which looks super awesome!! XD)

*Part of his studio! :D*

We then visited the pond near his studio, the green house and Debbie's garden too! :D (Debbie is John's partner :D)

*Some claypots made by Debbie! :)*

*Super pretty flowers! :D*

*SubhanAllah!! :D*

*Daisies :)))*

Debbie sells her fresh flowers at the fresh market downtown! :D And they are all oh so prettyyyy and beautiful!! XD

*The beautiful pond! :)*

*John brought us canoe-ing!! :D he also went for a swim later too haha XD*

*Picked a lotus! SUPER BIG and PRETYYYYY :D*

 We then headed to Debbie's place for a simple lunch! Her house was so neat and cozy!! XD Both of them prepared a nice meal for us awwwww thank you so muchhh!! :) (and yes John was so sweet by helping Debbie out! XD) and John also had to put his dog away as he knew how we were with dogs! XD but his dog was HUGE and white and SO CUTE! XD

*Lunch made by Debbie and John!! :D*

*oh the natural 'sauna' in the forest! XD*

John then sent us back home to our apartment (yes he also came to pick us up, where the drive is 20 minutes away! Thank you so much John sob3 *terharu nih* T^T 

Well, I then left State College for good after properly running some errands like closing my bank account. Also buying Pennstate souvenirs haha XD I will miss you State College! Especially my dear friends that I have met over the last four years :) Please do keep in touch, and I apologize if I have done anything that might have wronged any of you in anyway. It is indeed my carelessness and clumsiness if I have done any harm :'( Truly I meant to hurt no one, I'm sorry if I did in anyway at all. Insya-Allah, I hope I have done more good than harm during my stay here in the States :) I will miss you all, and also I hope to not forget how I found Islam in this foreign country :') 

It's funny how it takes you so long to find something that has been so close to you and has always been there for you. Insya-Allah, I have found my love for You oh Allah, and also for Muhammad, peace be upon him :') And I pray to keep this love forever with me no matter what may come, amin :')

Alhamdulillah, thank you for all the memories oh Allah. I will indeed cherish them, as You DO know what is best for me :) hihii cayangggggg Allah! Alhamdulillah Allahuakbar :) :) <3

Hey Malaysia, I'm home.

- Fresh Grad ;)

No comments: