Friday, June 12, 2009

06/12/2009; Kem motivasi at RACTAR! =)

Assalamualaikum =)
*
Today, Friday, was spent being together with kanak2 RACTAR from morning at 8.30am to 10pm roughly =)
*
Though it was a long day, I did not really feel tired at all. I must guess that Cikgu Epul n Kak Mizah and Kak Izah were extremely exhausted as they did a really great job! I was only there to be a fa-c n help out wherever I can =)
*
The morning started off with fun activities by Cikgu Epul (not forgetting his hellos and ehem2 trademarks to get attention XD) Then we, the fa-cs had to introduce ourselves and had our own trademark. The only thing I could come up with within 2 minutes was *clap3* caiyok~ganbate!(while jumping) but I'm glad all the girls did it with me hehehe XD

*From top:Sumayyah, Mariam, Halimatun Saa'diah, Balqis

We then made names, logos and trademark of our own for each group. Mine was group 2;Balqis: Nadia, Aida, Fizah, Qilah, Zulaikha and Nurul =) (I hope I didn't mispell their names) They were great, and we really had fun working together! Keunggulan Sepanjang Zaman~ Okie la tuu!(trademark) XD
*
In the afternoon, we had around 45 minutes to really ask sensitive details of your group members. I managed to get little details. I do not expect them to really tell everything, but I'm glad that most of them came here because they wanted to. However, the stories are still never easy on the ears.
*
Soon I shared my part of the story as well. Simply put, I told them to be confident with themselves. Not everyone who has both parents are perfect, therefore they should not look down upon themselves simply because they have a tragic past.
*
Moving on! =) We then had lunch (nasi wif ayam goreng n sayur~ SEDAPP!!) n continued on with activities; building a building with only newspapers. NO glue or whatsoever! =D and we managed to witness many interesting shapes, and then the fa-cs tested the stability of the building by THROWING HUGE BALLS OF NEWSPAPER~ to our buildings we built! NOO!! XD But it turns out ours was the most stable! YAY!! XD


*The first one from the right is the one my group made~ good job Balqis!! XD


Before dinner, I went up to Kak Izah and Kak Midah's room to rest. Since the rest of the girls were the only ones upstairs, I could open my tudung. And once one gets to see me without tudung, the rest will come running to the room just to see me without it adooiii XD* Dah la tengok ramai2, mcm ade pameran plak aiyook segan2!! XD

*
Night eventually came, and it was muhasabah diri time (is this how u spell it?) And Cikgu Epul managed to pull out a good one! =) Many did shed tears, and I was also given the opportunity to give some last words about the activity today.
*
I thanked them for their cooperation, and hope that they learn something from today. Encouraged them to change; though it may not be easy, and it will DEFINITELY won't be easy, but never impossible =) So I hope they do change~ it is for no one else, but for themselves =)
*
At the end, we kissed n hugged each other after salaming =) Since I may not be seeing the others who are not Form 1 and Form 2, many asked for my phone number, and even managed to grab hold of my passport+driving liscence earlier punya gamba haha kelakarnya XD

*

Some of them were even reluctant to leave the room because they might only see me next week, perhaps on Sunday. This I will not forget =)

*

I even received a heartwarming letter from Nadia, a std 5 student =)

*
Will not forget this experience.
I really find myself bonding with the Ractar students, and I believe that they do feel the same way =) They are already like my own family.
*
I'll really miss them once I get back in USA =)
*The few of the many students of RACTAR =)


No comments: