Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Video =)

Assalamualaikum! =D
*
Just recently, my mother asked me for videos of the Raja Lawak Nabil that I had in my laptop (I got the videos from my friend =D) and I gladly gave her the videos. I also gave her additional videos such as music videos of Jason Mraz, a Malay guy singing the song Ariq and had a wonderful voice, and a few more videos as well. One of them was a video I downloaded from Youtube: Surah Ar-Rahman.
*
The video had translations in English, as well as how to pronounce the Quran verses (they wrote it in rumi) and the reciter had the most beautiful voice that I have ever heard.
*
Just then, my mother thanked me for the videos, especially the additional ones.
As she proceded to comment on all the additional videos she had heard, she gave a comment on the video of Surah Ar-Rahman. She said that just hearing it for 1 or 2 minutes gave her teary eyes. She quickly stopped the video though, saying that she will listen back to it when no ones around (tamo nangis2 depan org maa XD)
*
I was very2 happy about this. I have heard about events where a Gangster heard people reciting the Quran, and it brought tears to his eyes. A gangster! =D He said that eventhough he did not understand the languange, his heart did. Alhamdulillah, he turned into Islam =)
*
Knowing that mama is a Chinese Muslim, with not much roots of Islam like most of us are blessed to have since we were young, this is certainly a precious event for me, and I hope it is for her as well =)
*
Mama, I love you! =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

No comments: